A bold and driven self-starter, the person in this role will be responsible for championing digital excellence at Chicago Shakespeare Theater. We are seeking an innovative digital marketer responsible for creating and managing company-wide strategy for emails, website content updates and analytics, as well as serving as the primary liaison with our external website vendor. A hands-on position in the Theater’s Marketing Department, the Digital Marketing Manager must be a strong project manager with superior communication skills. Approximately 50% of the scope of work is focused on email campaign strategy and implementation as well as website content updates; another 30% is facilitating technical enhancements to the website; and the remaining 20% is spent on analytics. The position works closely with the Senior Marketing Manager and reports to the Marketing Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Spearhead and implement a digital marketing strategy that consistently supports the organization’s brand, revenue, conversion, participation and channel usage goals.
- Maintain all aspects of the organization’s email communications and website, ensuring that content is up-to-date and maintaining brand/functionality standards.
- Produce, develop and evaluate robust, segmented email marketing campaigns that deliver on sales, acquisition and engagement targets.
- Exercise a constant vigilance to improve the performance of email campaigns; identify opportunities to maximize ROI (including open rate, click-through rate, conversion rate and revenue generation); manage data integrity of patron email list
- Drive the collaboration among internal departments (Marketing, Guest Services, Advancement, Education, IT) to ensure efficiency and clarity in all sales, service, fundraising and engagement communications (via email and web). Actively manage an organization-wide content calendar for website and email communications.
- In collaboration with internal parties and external vendors, manage and develop the functionality and features on the Theater’s website.
- Create and implement an SEM/SEO strategy, with assistance of Marketing Assistant for Advertising and Publications.
- Develop and deliver regular KPI reporting and customer insights, with a focus on improving customer engagement, revenue growth and user experience.
- Work closely with the Marketing Director and Senior Marketing Manager to capitalize on opportunities to deepen the Theater’s relationship with audience members through innovative digital initiatives and effective integration with the Theater’s CRM system, Tessitura.
- Keep up to date with industry trends, innovation and benchmarks as they relate to digital marketing (with a focus on engagement, customization, user experience and analysis). Develop plans to incorporate relevant activity in to the Theater’s business practice.
- Participate in the life of the Theater providing support for related activities and events as needed.
- Model effective communication and support a positive work environment through professional conduct and maintaining confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ESSENTIAL SKILLS
- Proactive and professional collaborator who is comfortable working with a variety of individuals—including colleagues and outside vendors.
- Able to quickly gain a deep understanding of the Theater and apply that understanding to day-to-day operations.
- Detail-oriented and organized; comfortable multi-tasking to produce high-quality work on tight deadlines.
- Design-driven sensibility; experienced in developing engaging web content; proficiency working with content management systems.
- Marketing-minded, with a sense of ownership and urgency, with a proven track record in website operations and online marketing efforts.
- Understands the interface between website and transactional software.
- Proven record of reporting site metrics and providing action steps; knowledge of Google Analytics preferred, knowledge of Tessitura CRM software helpful.
- Demonstrated proficiency in HTML, CSS, HTML5 and Photoshop; familiarity with video and audio editing software helpful.
- Knowledgeable about latest trends in Web/Email design and production.
- Willing to be hands-on and to pitch in wherever needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5–7 years professional experience in digital or direct marketing (performing arts organization a plus)
APPLICATION DEADLINE:JUNE 2, 2017. Qualified candidates are requested to submit a resume, salary history and a brief cover letter describing their interest, qualifications and experience, and how they learned about this position. (Word and PDF files preferred)
Candidates of interest will be contacted by a representative of the Theater. Please no calls, mailings or faxes. Chicago Shakespeare Theater is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all to apply.