The Vice President of Marketing and Corporate Communications is responsible for marketing and communications across the Munson Healthcare system. Experience must cover the broad spectrum of internal and external communication strategy, planning and execution; digital and social media; public information officer role and media relations; and diverse audience communications.
§ Master's Degree in public relations, communications, journalism or related field
§ Ten years of senior-level experience in marketing, communication and public relations
§ Ability to effectively act as a spokesperson for Munson Healthcare
§ Proven track record working in a highly-matrixed, collaborative environment
§ Strong data analytical, business and financial skills
§ Demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders to accomplish business outcomes
§ Excellent oral, written and electronic communication skills
§ Possess personal values that are consistent with Munson values and mission
§ Strong project management and implementation skills
§ Reports to the President and CEO of Munson Healthcare.
§ Provides leadership and has administrative accountability for marketing and corporate communications, including branding, marketing, public/media relations and website development.
§ Hires and maintains an engaged and effective team of direct reports and supports their continued education and professional development. Conducts ongoing evaluations of performance and addresses disciplinary issues in line with organizational policy. Manages work assignments, processes and department capacity to meet MHC System needs.
§ Directs and organizes the internal and external communication and public relations functions on behalf of Munson Healthcare owned entities and other system entities. Appropriately collaborates with leaders and communications staff within all MHC entities.
§ Supports setting, managing, measuring, and achieving the marketing and corporate communication goals and tactics of entities within the Munson Healthcare system as needed by entity.
§ Balances needs of individual hospitals, service lines, departments, and consumers with overall health system strategic objectives. Assures department has a well-functioning set of processes and staff necessary to serve the system in a timely manner
§ Sets goals for department in alignment with system strategic plans and annual goals, and holds self and staff accountable for performance. Effectively manages, motivates, and supports team to meet deadlines and achieve results. Effectively develops and manages the department budget in line with established goals and plans.
1. Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
2. Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
3. Promotes personal and patient safety.
4. Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
5. Partners with others across the MHC system to plan, strategize, direct and execute marketing communications and public relations campaigns and events designed to increase the organizations' visibility with key audiences – patients, providers, employees, business community, elected officials and general community, etc.
6. Oversees hospital and health system marketing and public relations effort in conjunction with members of the Marketing, Corporate Communications and Creative Services department. Supports senior leadership and management team on communications and public relations issues and media responses.
7. Recognizes problems and threats early and takes necessary steps to achieve goals. Interprets information, understands and responds to market and industry trends.
8. Facilitates communication between Munson and key public/external groups which influence the overall well-being of the organization, including local, state, or federal government; advocates; businesses; neighborhoods, etc.
9. Directs and participates in the development, writing and editing of special
correspondence, speeches, talking points, PowerPoint presentations and other
materials as required, ensuring that quality standards are maintained.
10. Represents the organization at events and in community organizations as appropriate.
11. Ensures marketing and communications plans generate a positive public image for the hospital/health system and that system objectives, goals and direction are communicated effectively/accurately to the public. Advises on the preparation and timing of news releases and other announcements. Ensures timely response to media requests.
12. Oversees crisis communications and emergency response and serves as hospital/organizational spokesperson as needed. Ensures 24/7 on-call coverage for emergency or disaster situations. In conjunction with the Marketing and Creative Services departments, develops and manages an active crisis communication plan.
13. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.