Coordinate the planning and development of results-oriented marketing programs, leveraging cross-channel communication strategies to include electronic and print communication, social media, web, content marketing, and other channels. Ensure timely and effective promotion of CHEST courses, events, products, and other education offerings to drive registration, product sales, and membership growth. Build and cultivate collaborative relationships with internal customers to identify needs, provide marketing guidance, prepare and execute plans, and track/report results. Use writing and messaging skills to reinforce the CHEST brand and strengthen its market position.
- Conduct competitive market analyses, segment research, and other market analysis to inform marketing and promotional efforts for live learning courses, education products, events, and other education offerings.
- Interface with internal customers to understand course, event, and/or meeting objectives, requirements, and budgets to ensure effective promotion to advance the CHEST strategic goals.
- Provide advice and guidance to help cost-effectively meet customer objectives; prepare recommendations including concepts, promotion plans, schedules, and cost estimates; ensure inclusion of current digital marketing strategies and best practices.
- Create and post marketing messages and copy consistent with CHEST brand in collaboration with internal customers for a variety of print and digital media, including: web, email, mobile, social media, CHEST Today, CHEST NewsBrief, print and electronic ads for the journal CHEST and CHEST Physician, and other promotion. Track results and impact on driving registration/sales.
- Create messaging for external media, including web and print ads, e-newsletters, and social media ads. Track results and impact on driving registration/sales.
- Identify and cultivate target market opportunities, existing and new, to extend reach and expand the audience for live learning courses and education promotional messages. Analyze lists and tactics for promotion effectiveness.
- Manage mail list acquisition from external vendors. Coordinate between mail list agency and mail house or printer to acquire mail lists in time for scheduled mail date. When postage for mailing needs to be prepaid, act as liaison between CHEST accounting department and mail house or printer to arrange funds for postage.
- Maintain project schedule/calendar and plan for promotional campaigns, including development of marketing briefs, ensuring internal customer awareness of plan tactics and adherence to agreed-upon timelines.
- Identify and execute cross-promotion and content personalization programs.
- Create and manage customer testimonial programs for print, digital and video promotion.
- Perform a variety of other tasks related to marketing initiatives including communication, promotion, and project management.
- Complete other tasks and projects as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience; 1+ years in an association setting preferred.
- Understanding of the latest trends, technologies, and best practices in online marketing. Proficiency and experience using Hubspot and e-mail marketing systems.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and execute multiple successful digital and print marketing projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and project management skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Proficiency using Google Drive and Microsoft Office software including: Excel, Word, and Power Point skills.
- Ability to accommodate occasional travel.
- Experience with digital media (podcasts, RSS, video, etc.).
- Experience with e-commerce platforms including proprietary web stores, and Google ad words, mobile apps, and digital publishing.
- Experience with mobile marketing.
- Experience in or knowledge of health-care markets and higher education.
This description was designed as a convenience to acquaint employees and managers with the basic elements of the position. The duties of this position are not limited to what is contained in this description, and employees in this position may be asked to perform various functions not listed. This description is solely for the purpose of summarizing basic duties, and it is not intended to be a contract or guarantee of employment or of any specific terms or conditions of employment. This description may be amended or eliminated from time to time as necessary for operational or business reasons.