| Rowan University is a public comprehensive state-designated research institution with approximately 16,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven colleges and five schools: the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 100 public universities in the nation and is ranked third among public institutions in the North by U.S. News & World Report. |
The Marketing unit within the Division of Global Learning & Partnerships is responsible for developing and implementing strategies for the promotion of Rowan Global as well as its products and all associated activities. This includes advertising the university?s graduate-level and degree completion programs spanning various industries as well as information sessions. We arrange for advertising in various media on both a national and regional level. The role of the Marketing Coordinator will be to assist with advertising campaign development and implementation, market research projects, and data management. This position reports to the Director of Advertising and Data Management.
- Assist with activities related to developing and implementing advertising campaigns including (but not limited to) identification of media channels and contacts, submitting insertion orders and contracts, providing ad specs to graphic designer and updating copy.
- Work closely with web designer on projects related to search engine optimization (SEO).
- Assist in the planning and promotion of Rowan Global outreach, recruiting events, information sessions, and efforts to target special populations.
- Develop and monitor Rowan Global?s social media presence.
- Assist in development and implementation of communication plans.
- Identify sources of secondary market research. Review reports provided by partner research organizations for trends relevant to Rowan Global and write synopsis on findings.
- Assist in the creation of Rowan Global publications and advertisements; coordinate project timelines to include design, copywriting, photography, layout, printing and distribution of materials.
- Field proposals and pitches from media sales representatives and provide reports to the Director for evaluation of advertising opportunities.
- Other related duties as assigned; some evenings and weekends may be required
- Bachelor's degree in business/marketing, communication, or a related field
- At least 1 year of professional experience in marketing; internship experience is acceptable
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and web-based applications
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, manage multiple projects, and work well both independently and in a team
- Self-motivated, results oriented, with a proactive attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven outstanding customer service skills
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop preferred.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.